Sunday, October 3, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Breast Cancer is something which is very close to my heart, and to a lot of yours I’m sure. The prevalence of breast cancer amongst Australian women is rising and as a result, we need to raise money to fund much needed research. I will be hosting a Pink Ribbon Breakfast in a few weeks to hopefully help contribute, and today let some of my decorating ideas loose onto some cupcakes :-) Here’s what I got:

SONY DSC
SONY DSC   Cupcakes2
I love pink, it’s my favourite colour (can you tell!?) so making these was so much fun! I plan to create a whole heap of pink sweets and treats for my breakfast later in the month so please pop back to see the photos from the big day!
Cupcakes3
These cupcakes are Vanilla iced with Raspberry (pink) and Vanilla (white) buttercream. Next week I’ll do a tutorial on how to make Italian Meringue Buttercream which I’ve had a few requests for! It’s a really simple way to make an amazingly silky smooth garnish for your cupcakes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I look forward to your tutorial! yum!

Post a Comment